Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Antelope at the Boulders

After six years of putting in for Antelope I finally drew out - so Layne & I went down with his parents to the Boulder Mountains, past Loa & Bicknell (yes that is a town and there is nothing in it but hay fields) this place was amazing just sagebrush every where but it was so fun!

Layne spotted this antelope with seven does and we watched them feed and I wanted to kill something so we went after it. It was awesome - and thanks to my amazing husband as my guide - we got 300 yards from it and I killed it!





Cael was in the truck with Grandma Jeri so they came down and Cael got to see the Antelope - he is such a good hunter even in his pajamas!!


After the hunt we camped there until Sunday with Brooke, Josh & Macee and their dog Sammy (which got very attached to Layne)


Brooke & Macee

4 comments:

BJ and Sherrie Benson said...

Hi Natalie! I'm glad we can be blogging friends :) A lot of my relatives are from Loa/Freemont/Bicknell area (I know, it explains a lot...) My grandpa still lives there. Boring! Congrats on the antelope!

Ashley said...

Nat, that is an awseome antelope!! Congrats on the sweet kill. I can't believe how big cael is getting.

The Bryan Family said...

Hey Nat, sweet kill. So I was just laughing the other day about when we colored your hair. I think we did a pretty good job. We made a awsome team.

Rachel Smith said...

I'm so glad you found me! Your baby is adorable and you and layne look great too! We need to keep in touch! Let us know if you ever head down south, you can totally stay with us!